My Thoughts On DCUO

 


Wassup people. Today I want to talk about one of the first ever MMOs that I got into. DC Universe Online Is a game made by daybreak and was first released in 2011 on steam and ps3. Honestly, I didn’t get into the game until years later. So, I have no idea what the game was like on day 1, but in 2015/2016 I eventually gravitated towards the game and was blown away by it. Being able to create a superhero/supervillain and play a part in the main story was some of the most fun I had ever had. The different powers to experience with was fun and at the time, the extremely active community of superheroes and villains just flying and running around just made the game feel so alive. One of my biggest issues with the game though, has always been the episodes. These episodes are in the game to serve as “Endgame” content, but the structuring of them is just so bad. Which in turn made it hard for me to experience anything in the game past the main story. Once you hit level 30 and join your respective league, you’re supposed to queue up for solo, duo, trio, quad and raid instances, but because there’s no guarantee that people are in those specific instances you may or may not be able to experience the episode content/storylines in its entirety. My wish is that the episodes follow and flow like the main story in the future. I do understand this would probably take a lot of work because new zones would have to be created, among other things to completely rework the episode system, but its 2024. This game has been out for a long time and if it wants to survive and compete with other MMOs, it has to grow. Anyway though, I still very much love the game and hope that one day, the game elevates itself by improving upon what it’s already built. New powers, updated graphics and maybe even a revamped combat system.

Or

Just scrap all that and make a DCUO2.

Comments